The West Virginia Environmental Council (WVEC) seeks a part-time outreach coordinator and interim lobbyist.
Qualified applicants would have familiarity with West Virginia’s legislative process and would represent the WVEC at all interim sessions of the state legislature including committee meetings and floor sessions. Strong communication skills are needed as the position requires direct interaction with legislators, including legislative committee chairs and others legislative leaders, especially on issues of importance to WVEC and its member organizations.
Preference is given to candidates who are available to be a part of, or lead, the WVEC’s 2021 lobby team.
Additional requirements of the position include:
- Facilitate the annual legislative priorities selection process with the WVEC board of directors and its officers.
- Work with the WVEC board and its officers to develop the annual fall meeting including logistics, program, and promoting attendance.
- Maintain WVEC’s social media presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Coordinate volunteers.
- Perform a primary role in assembling the 2021 WVEC lobby team in close cooperation with the WVEC board and its officers.
- Coordinate the WVEC’s annual E-Day during the 2021 Legislative Session.
- Build working relationships with allied groups
- Search out opportunities to broaden and elevate the role of WVEC in community partnerships- especially when it means increased voter and citizen lobbyist engagement.
- Assist with fundraising for WVEC including grant writing, fundraising letters and follow up with donors.
- Send out monthly GREEN newsletters.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. The position is expected to start June 15, 2020 depending on concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. While it is not required that the person reside in Charleston, they need to be able to travel there regularly for meetings.
This is a contract position and will be paid hourly, with compensation based on experience.
For over 30 years, the mission of the West Virginia Environmental Council has been to facilitate communication and cooperation among citizens in promoting environmental protection in West Virginia, to assist in organizing grass roots groups, to facilitate interaction among established environmental organizations, and to correspond with all appropriate local, state, and federal agencies involved in the management of West Virginia’s environment. Please learn more at www.wvecouncil.org.